There are no articles in this category. If subcategories display on this page, they may have articles.
Recruitment Article Count: 30
Use these proven strategies to recruit women to science and technology classes and careers.
Retention Article Count: 37
Discover solutions for retaining women in technology and science classes and careers.
Curriculum Article Count: 9
A technology curriculum that appeals to female interests improves retention of women and girls. Also see Learning Style for more articles that could be used to develop an effective and female-friendly curriculum.
Proven Practices Overview Article Count: 1
Bridge Courses Article Count: 8
Technology bridge courses improve retention of women and minorities by boosting technical building-block skills.
Informal Learning Article Count: 2
Informal technology training outside of the classroom can lead to higher baseline skills within the classroom.
Learning Style Article Count: 8
When instructors and technology courses account for different male and female learning styles the retention rates of women improve. Also see Curriculum for more articles on the type of learning that appeals to women and girls.
Literature Review Article Count: 5
Important studies and an overview on women and technology.
Problem Solving Article Count: 1
Improving women's problem-solving skills can lead to greater comprehension and success in the technology classroom.
Spatial Reasoning Article Count: 13
Enhancing spatial reasoning increases retention of women (and men) in the science and technology classroom.
Student Support Article Count: 9
Student support networks, mentoring and faculty support add up to retention of women in technology and science.
Women and Games Article Count: 7
Educational games that can both build technology skills and appeal to female interests will result in women and girls being more prepared for the technology classroom.
Women and Math Article Count: 9
Learn about strategies to assist women in succeeding with math, an important skill area for science and technology.
Thank you Article Count: 1
Employer Article Count: 3
Use these proven strategies to recruit and retain women to STEM careers and companies.
Lab/Team Work Article Count: 4
Use collaborative learning in the lab to improve retention of female students in STEM courses.
Webinars (Archived) Article Count: 7
See our archive of IWITTS webinars that will help you increase the number of female students in your STEM classrooms:
- Case Study Webinar: Computer Programming Instructor Increases Retention of Female and Male Students by 45%
- New "Proven Practices" on Women and STEM
- From the Trenches: One Educator’s Success Story of Increasing the Retention of Female Students in Her STEM Program
- How well are we serving our female students in STEM?: Gender Methods of Evaluation
- Planning Role Model Visits and Field Trips to Inspire Girls in Technology, Science and Engineering
- Teaching Spatial Reasoning to Improve Retention of Women in Technology
- How to Develop and Market a Career Development Course to Recruit Women in Technology Related Classes