Live webinar presented on: Wednesday, December 12 2012 (35 minutes)
Learn about proven resources on increasing the number of female students in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) programs. These ARE effective, evidence-based strategies that you can use to recruit and retain female students in your STEM classes.
In this webinar, you will learn:
- What changed in one computer science program so that now 42% of their students are women.
- How a short course in spatial reasoning can significantly increase retention rates of female (and male) students.
- How community college technology programs in California created “leadership teams” to recruit and retain more female students.
- Step-by-step, how to use a blueprint worksheet to recruit more female students to your STEM programs.
- How to use the free Proven Practices Collection on the IWITTS website to find even more valuable resources on recruiting and retaining women and girls in STEM.
Presented by: Donna Milgram, Executive Director of the Institute for Women in Trades, Technology & Science (IWITTS)
Note: You will also join the IWITTS community and receive the WomenTech Educators Newsletter featuring recruitment and retention strategies. We respect your privacy.